Vanessa Van Leeuw, M.M.A.L
Senior Claims Handler & Recovery Officer
Loss Adjuster & Legal Adviser
Vanessa acquired her degree in Law at the Catholic University of Louvain. After a year in the U.K., she obtained a complementary Master in Maritime and Air Law at the Free University of Brussels.
She immediately entered the Claim handling sector in a well-known international survey company.
In addition to her claim handling and loss adjusting functions, she implemented and managed an integrated claim process for a leading French automotive factory.
She initiated and managed recovery actions against carriers involved in damages/incidents on the transported cargoes.
Thanks to this, she developed extended knowledge in the French transport rules.
Using her rigor at work and troubleshooting temperament, Vanessa developed throughout her career following skills:
– Claim Handling (Cargo & Liability)
– Loss Adjusting
– Recovery and Defense case analyses
– Claim process implementations
– Supervision of international surveys worldwide
– Risk Consulting and Legal advice
– Troubleshooting and Salvage sales
– Training and support to teams involved in claim matters
Last but not least, Vanessa is Member of the Belgian Association of General Average Adjusters.
Languages: French, Dutch, English
Mobile: (+32) 492/09.66.45